Here is a VERY yummy spin on boring ol’ rice. And if you live in a household with asian-roots like mine, you get tired of rice. Well, I do. Thems is fightin’ words if my hubby heard me say that. Had this last night with the Szechuan Chicken with Broccoli. Lovely! Please make sure to use the sesame oil – it added such a delicate, yet delightful, flavor.
- 3 cups precooked brown or white rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook rice according to instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add green onions; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in rind, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in rice; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Adapted from cookinglight.com